I'm no Artist
Maybe because I like to, and maybe because I have to, I've been thinking about good design. There's too much bullshit out there that pretends to be or thinks that it is good design. But it's not. And that makes me mad. I just did a project for a group that paid some crackpot webdesigner 600 bucks for something that looks like an unfinished PowerPoint. The whole site was four pages and a fucking splash screen. A BAD splash screen.

Why?

I'm not fantastic. I lose more and more faith in my eye every day. But for crying out loud.



Still, all is not lost:
graynode
yogaretreat
ptit-nathan-baume
puma
pspartgallery

I think in my backend and webstandards adreneline rush, I forgot just to have fun. The fun was in making something neat with numbers and squiggly lines in a text editor. I miss the art. Some of these things (i.e., the PSP gallery) are concepts that I've had and in that case tried to put together but gotten too bored to do. (But balls to some of the usability...when can we reconcile beauty with some GD navigation already?)
You are a king by your own fireside, as much as any monarch in his throne.