Look Ma! No Paper!


Ok, so I've been wanting a tablet for my computer for ages, and my friend Ted just let me borrow his for a test drive. I'm hooked. I love to draw, but I rarely pull out my supplies. Especially charcoal. Messy.

So this blogger stuff doesn't independently support any extra programming languages and I styled all my images to fit in this frame. Therefore, I apologize in advance for the cheesy pop-up if you want to see them full-sized. (Hey, this is a design class, right?) Also, props to Safari for doing such a great job compressing images. And balls to the other guys that continue to pixelate the hell out of anything that's been resized. Boo.



So, drawing. I used to be so good at it and I feel like my eyes need some retraining. I've gotten really lazy about keeping a sketch journal and I just don't feel inspired anymore. I'm falling into this trend of thinking that I'm just not good enough to bother, even though it's something that I love. Same goes for my webdesign. I know that I can do good things, but I get ridiculously discouraged. I need a new challenge. I want a specific project to confront, and I want my ass kicked into shape. I feel that it's almost a waste of time to take the studio classes here after being in Glasgow because there's a lot of mediocrity. My work is feeling completely mediocre, too. Ugh.

But the tablet's still super-fun.
You are a king by your own fireside, as much as any monarch in his throne.