2007
I need a soul-refreshing resolution this year, and I think that it'll be a toughie.

I have got to cut out the meanness. I call this 'The Bambi Resolution'. If I can't say anything nice, I shan't say anything at all. This, in all likelihood, will end five minutes after the ball drop as a I make some snarky comment about how many sluts there are out on New Years Eve. Hey, things take time. But I've realized that arrogance is an unattractive trait, and the most fantastic people that I know are unconditionally kind. I've allowed myself to become annoyed a lot more in the past year, and honestly, I think that this is a result of just showing off. I'm not really an annoyed person. I'm not even really a cynic. I don't like to yell, and I don't like to hold grudges or talk badly about people while smiling to their faces. This is not me.

Or at least it won't be me in a few weeks.
You are a king by your own fireside, as much as any monarch in his throne.