Gaming
If you know me, you know I'm a game person. Some people are game people, and some are not. There are different kinds of game people, surely, but there's something inside everyone that makes you either a gamer or a non-gamer. I have lots of non-gamer friends, and this is fine with me, and I can appreciate them just as well as any other friend, but it definitely puts interaction in a different context. Maybe non-gamers are a little more serious or practical.

My dad is a gamer. My mom is not. I grew up hanging out with my dad. My sister grew up hanging out with my mom. My sister is not a gamer.

I love board games. And card games. Video games sometimes. I learned to play chess, cribbage, dominos, gin, and poker over summer trips, especially on the 20 hour flights overseas. I still never turn down an opportunity to play any sort of game. This is usually hindered by non-gamers, because if you have even one non-gamer in a group, gaming is difficult.


Nobody will ever play Scrabble with me.
You are a king by your own fireside, as much as any monarch in his throne.