I want to be a home-bulemic
I have a love/hate relationship with home and garden magazines. I'm not so bothered by fashion mags. They are something that I feel I could tackle should I so be inclined. I'm a reasonably stylish person.

Home and Garden magazines, on the other hand, are just a tease. I feel like this is something that can never happen to me. How I would love to have a quaint victorian home strewn with Scandanavian-designed minimalist furniture, a few 20K Persian rugs, and a pair of pedigree greyhounds lounging on an antique daybed strewn with Thai silk pillows. The gratuitous kind. But really--who are these people who live in these houses? Fine, I get the house. Fine, I have the cash to furnish and decorate. What then? Hire a decorator? No--this is not satisfying. Decorate myself? Sure, when? And then the living part.

Nobody lives like this. Yes, I realize that these homes are doctored before the photography. But it's the same reason women puke after meals to acheive that fakey model look. I want to be a home-bulemic.
You are a king by your own fireside, as much as any monarch in his throne.